The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Meme-y Goodness

Steph from Ice Cream and Puppy Dog Tales has tagged me with the latest Meme to be traveling at warp speed through cyberspace. The theme of the meme (hey... that rhymed!) is to come up with five things about myself that are somewhat interesting. A challenge for me, however, as I'm still trying to keep this blog somewhat anonymous.

So here is my attempt at coming up with five things about me that are relatively interesting without being too revealing.

1. I am fluent in French and English, and at one time I spoke pretty passable Spanish.

2. I have a secret fetish for celebrity gossip magazines. I don't buy them, but I manage to read them in hiding at the office, at the gym or at Starbucks.

3. My favorite colour is orange. My husband finds that odd.

4. I used to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (the Mormons). I left the church when I was 21 years old.

5. I am a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I still mourn its cancellation.

I don't usually like to tag, but this time I'm making an exception:

Vitamin K
, just cause I miss her. And I'm curious if there are 5 things I don't know about her!

Nikki, cause I just found her new blog and I'm excited that she's writing again.

A Girl, from FIFE-me. Just because I like her stuff and I think that more people should be reading her blog.

And that's all.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, #4 is surprising! Can I ask why you left?

7:57 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, my family is French Canadian, they are from Quebec. I was born in the US and I am the only one that does not speak French. I too was once a LDS and left in my early 30's for reasons that I don't really want to get into. Never really was a Buffy fan but I love the National Enquirer.

12:52 AM

 
Blogger VitaminKMD said...

Ya-hargh! I'll work on it, likely to be up tomorrow post-call (always a GREAT time to blog!)

Hugs,
VK

4:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, I too have a secret love of celeb mags. It feels so shameful!

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Craver said...

Couz, you need look no farther than your internet running friends to find someone who shares #4 with you.
And the celebrity mags, I will stand in a long grocery line just to read the covers...you are not alone.
:)
JustJen.

7:06 PM

 
Blogger Liana said...

The L and D ward is an excellent source of trashy celebrity magazines, from my experience.

I love Buffy and own all the seasons on DVD. Spike is my true love, I think.

7:13 PM

 
Blogger A girl said...

I am glad I am not the only one who likes orange. I think orange is happy... Trashy magazines, eh? Thanks for tagging and your advice, Dr Couz.

11:21 PM

 
Blogger ERnursey said...

What is wrong with orange, it's very retro! And as for trashy celebrity mags, I never miss an issue and my oldest son has a secret fetish for US!

4:46 PM

 
Blogger Nikki said...

Yay, so glad you found me! I was afraid you were getting my notes here and not knowing who they were from. :)

6:21 PM

 
Blogger Voiceless Wonder said...

Thanks for humouring me Couz :-) I found all of it interesting as some things were different than the picture in my head I had of you. Not in a bad way or anything... I just didn't take you for an orange loving kind of gal! :-P

7:18 PM

 
Blogger LKW said...

Did you know that Joss Whedon is making a Buffy comic book that will be season 8? See http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=14-111 for more info.

4:10 PM

 
Blogger XE said...

Hey Dr. Couz,
I don't know if you'll answer this question seeing as this is an old post, but I'll give it a try anyway.

How often do you need to use that fluent French in your day to day work? My university is bilingual and offers a ton of French classes, and I was thinking of signing up for some of them. However, French is definitely not a strong subject of mine (I was in french immersion for 7 years but I'm definitely not fluent) and I don't want to pull down my GPA by taking french unless I'll be using it a lot later on. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this. Any input is appreciated!

7:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home