The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Some Things I Learn the Hard Way

For example, when the emerg psych nurses offer you Vicks VapoRub for your nose before entering the room to interview a suicidal homeless crack addict, don't put it directly in your nose. In fact, don't even put it under your nose. It's probably a much better idea to don a mask, coat the inside of the mask with the VapoRub and tell the patient you have a cold.

My eyes are still watering.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger M. Dyspnea said...

gross. I'm having flashbacks to changing colostomy bags.

8:46 AM

 
Blogger Kungfukitten said...

Okay, you have to read my latest entry called "Things I don't recommend doing #" because I can totally relate. This seems to be an ongoing series for me. Other highlights in the "Things I don't recommend doing series" have included accidentally macing myself, wearing sandals in a mosh pit and putting crushed peppers on a pizza and getting the sudden urge to put in contact lenses without washing my hands first. D'oh!

3:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I've never heard of that before!
I'm going to go buy me some for our occasional "Code Brown" patients.

7:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home