The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

PGY-2

For the past week I've been brewing a long, meaningful post about my transition from first year residency to second. A lot has happened in a year-- I've changed programs. I've shifted priorities. I've learned stuff.

But really? It doesn't feel any different. Maybe if I were in one of those programs where I go from being the 'intern' to the 'resident' (and thus become the in-house representative for my specialty during my nights on call) like obs/gyn, internal medicine or orthopaedic surgery, but I'm not. And other than trying to get used to ending my signature with "R2" rather than "R1" (the latter being so ingrained in my subconscious that I have often caught myself signing cheques with a flourishing "R1" after my name) I don't feel that anything has changed.

Welcome to Medical Postgraduate Year II. Please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times and enjoy the ride.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home