The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Things that make me giggle inappropriately:

1. When people refer to the ICU as "the unit". Heh. Unit.

2. The little greek man on our service who follows me around the floor asking about "the plan".

3. The staff who ask me difficult questions about the pathophysiology of chronic pancreatitis in the middle of the night and expect a coherent answer.

4. The fact that when I happened to protest the fact that I was put on call on the day before my vacation (therefore working until noon or so on the first day of my oh-too-short 5 day holiday) I was told that 'no one has ever had an issue with that before'.

5. The suggestion that I have any control whatsoever over the chaos that my life has become.

Heh heh... unit.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Platypus said...

They've got Beavis & Butthead reruns on Comedy Channel now. Huh-huh-huh-huh-huh.

8:42 PM

 
Anonymous muebles en teruel said...

This won't really have success, I consider like this.

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home