The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Best Intentions...

I had them. Really. And I have a whole bunch of topics that I've wanted to write about here over the past two weeks. But there was Easter, a trip to visit old friends, a trip to visit family, and this...

The latest addition to our family. Needless to say, now that furkid #1 is pretty self-sufficient (at a whopping 18 months old), furkid #2 was a quick reminder of how damn much work puppies can be.

So that's where I've been.

In addition to this, I'm still planning a wedding. Most recent things accomplished were ordering of bridesmaids dresses, purchasing of wedding rings and confirmation of floristy stuff.

I've also been trying to clean up my last 5 years of taxes, which were all inexplicably re-assessed in the past few months. This involved many meetings with accountants.

I am also trying to nail down the details of my schedule for next year. Life as a PGY-2. Sweet.

I am also trying to tie up the ends of my ill-fated involvement with my provincial union. It taught me a lot about administration and politics, but I can't WAIT to not be involved in this stuff anymore.

I have started running again, as I have come to accept the fact that as long as I am working one hour away from where I am living, I am lucky to make it to the gym twice a week. And that just isn't enough. Then I got plantar faciitis. So I stopped running. Then I felt better. So I started running. Then I got that stabbing pain in my heel for two days again. So I stopped. Well, you see where this is going.

And in the midst of all this, I am still a medical resident.

No wonder I'm so tired.

More from me soon. I promise.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up! congrats on the new puppy --- he's really cute.

Yep, your life sounds busy, but that's what it's all about!

6:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss your blog...I know you are busy but it is a nice distraction in the middle of studying general surgery!

10:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd pass this on... when I was dx'd with plantar faciitis the doc told me to put heel pads in my shoes and gave me some stretching exercises to do.... that helped enough to clear it up... of course I've kept the heel pads in my shoes- there are nice gel pads that fit all sorts of shoes... hope that helps... this condition HURTS...!

9:38 AM

 
Anonymous Donna said...

Hello mate great bblog post

5:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home