The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Last Round of Apologies...

A whole 3 weeks have elapsed since my last post. There has been good reason. Dr. Couz became Mrs. Dr. Couz two weeks ago, and then spent a hard-earned week in Mexico celebrating the fact that someone was brave enough to marry me.

Now I'm in the midst of CaRMS... the sequel. I am interviewing at four different schools for spots in their emergency medicine fellowship programs, an extra year of specialized training tacked on to the end of my residency (fast approaching in just 8 months). More forgiving than my first CaRMS tour, I am hitting 4 cities in a week. Totally doable.

After this week, life will settle again. I hope that I'll soon be back to my weekly posting pattern. Don't give up on me yet!

In the meantime, I'll share some photos.



A photo of the Mayan ruins at Tulum in the Yucatan Peninsula











The beach at Tulum.












Not a screen saver... a real place. Can I live here?












An iguana piggyback.












Flying Mexicans! Apparently, this is some kind of tradition.









A friendly gator... right by the beach where were snorkled the reef. Nice.









Storm rolling in...












This is what happens when you go to Mexico during hurricane season.









Sigh. Is it too late to transfer my residency training to the University of Hawaii? I could get used to this kind of view.





Real medically-related posts to follow. Once I'm ready to face reality again.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

Congrats once again, Mrs. Dr. Couz... or is that Dr. Mrs. Couz?

Great pics -- you're getting me excited for my Mayan Riveria vacation and it's months away!

10:20 AM

 
Blogger Gregory House, PA-C said...

Iguana piggy back? So that's what they're calling it now-a-days.

Best wishes to you and Mr. Dr. Couz

3:04 PM

 
Blogger Nikki said...

Congratulations, Mrs. Dr. Couz! Very exciting! :-)

5:54 PM

 
Blogger VitaminKMD said...

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. Amazing pictures...I can't wait to see more!

And WOOOOO! for the Mr and Mrs!!!

9:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

What do you think about Mexico? Have you been in Mexico City?

5:03 PM

 
Blogger scalpel said...

Congratulations to you both. I enjoyed the pics.

12:26 AM

 
Blogger Lisa Hutch said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!

4:00 AM

 
Blogger Disaster girl said...

Congratulations Mrs. Dr. Couz! I would totally love to go to there on vacation. Beautiful pics!

2:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...the fact that someone was brave enough to marry me."

My goodness, talk about being modest. I dunno, that photo of the back of your head looked pretty darn sexy ta me!

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Ex Utero said...

Congrats

11:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratlations on the wedding! I found your site through weddingbells when I was planning my own wedding just over a year ago and now I am a faithful reader!

11:26 PM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

Congrats! I know this is a little late, but I've spent my morning reading through your archives... I love your blog! I think I got married a month after you did (Oct. 27th) and I still get excited over being Mrs. Collins. :) Lovely pictures!

2:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home