The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Friday, February 23, 2007

All By Myself...

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is:
1
person with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


How fun is this?

Funny that I'm so unique in the U.S. In Canada, not so much. In fact, there was another girl with the exact same name as me who shared my childhood pediatrician. They always mixed up our files-- she had asthma.

People in Ontario frequently comment on the 'uniqueness' of my maiden name. I tell them that in Quebec, my name is the equivalent of 'Smith'.

And that end's this evening's deep thoughts.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh... and now I'm trying to guess your maiden name !!

11:44 PM

 
Blogger medstudentitis said...

there are 414 of me. I guess I'm not very unique. In Wales my last name is the equivalent of Smith.

1:44 PM

 
Blogger Patient Anonymous said...

Someone once read an obituary with "my name" listed in it and they thought I was dead (this was in Canada--not the US.) My name is not *that* common.

According to your little US survey there are only 2 of me listed in whatever database they are searching.

3:27 PM

 
Blogger ShutUpLegs said...

do you hail from quebec?
if so, interesting! i must speak with you Pronto.

10:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home