The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Que Sarah, Indeed.

Sarah is someone who I've 'known' online for several years. She is a funny, strong woman who was diagnosed with malignant melanoma. After many rounds of treatment, it looks like Sarah's fight is nearing the end. Her life is being cut far too short.

Please join me in wishing Sarah and her wonderful husband Derek all of your thoughts and prayers.

Safe travels, Sarah.

Please, wear sunscreen. Don't tan. If you notice a suspicious mole, see your doctor. If there is any suspicion, get the mole removed. It's the only way to know for certain.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is exactly the reason why I am proud that after being in Hawaii for 2 weeks, I am still just as pale as when I left.

3:30 PM

 
Blogger phdatc said...

I have been following Sarah's trials as well. I can only wish for the pain to be over for them both.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

Thank you for pointing me to her site. I can't even imagine being in her situation and being so strong.

4:55 PM

 
Blogger medstudentitis said...

I just also posted about Sarah. I think the internet will be dotted by tributes to this wonderful woman.

6:13 PM

 
Blogger MedStudentGod (MSG) said...

I haven't read her blog in some time and this news astounded me. Last time I had read she was doing well. I hope all the best for her and her husband...cancer is such a terrible disease.

9:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw the post on her blog. So sad :( She truly is leaving this world a better place then when she arrived. I am sure her blog, her story, her life, will save lives from the awareness it brought to the dangers of tanning and melanoma.

10:52 PM

 
Blogger > ScutMonkey said...

Thanks for pointing us in Sarah & Derek's direction. I had not known Sarah's blog, but the most recent post said more than I could ready at this late hour. I am glad that as I start my blogging on the web I was able to read something from someone that touched so many people out here...

1:22 AM

 
Blogger mstpbound said...

this is so sad! :(

8:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home