The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tagged Again

Medstudentitis tagged me with another Meme, this one being "Eight Random Facts/Habits About Me". Since this is dangerously close to the last Meme in which I participated, I'll be honest about the fact that it's just a cheap way to post more to make up for the past two weeks.

My 8 Things:

1. Every now and then, I listen to country music when I'm alone in the car.

2. I have a secret crush on David Suzuki, and I take every word he says as gospel.

3. Before I wanted to be a doctor, I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

4. Before I get into bed, I have to brush the 'sand' off the sheets. It's like a ritual. But if I don't do it, I swear the bed feels gritty.

5. I used to wear a silver ring engraved with the phrase "To Thine Own Self Be True" as a reminder not to rely on any guy for my happiness. Clearly, I had a bad experience somewhere along the line, but that's too much personal information for a blog.

6. I hate white underwear. I don't own any white bras. I have no idea where this intense hatred came from.

7. One of my biggest fears is being stuck somewhere with nothing to drink. I hate being thirsty. I carry a water bottle with me everywhere.

8. I've been carrying around a really big secret for a couple of months now. It's killing me. I hate secrets.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a faithful reader of your blog and I bet I can guess what your secret is...

9:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too!

10:41 AM

 
Blogger Elissa - Show & Tell Reviewer said...

David Suzuki totally rocks - in college I knew him only as the author of my genetics textbook, and when I started teaching I discovered all of his "Secret of Life" videos.
Oh - and I have my own personal guess on the secret, but I'll keep quiet in case I'm wrong so as to avoid embarrassing myself!
Love the blog -

7:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.postsecret.com

7:35 PM

 
Blogger Couz said...

Bah. It's not juicy enough for www.postsecret.com (which I check religiously every Sunday).

Keep your guesses to yourself. All will be revealed in due time. ;-)

11:06 PM

 
Blogger Changa said...

"I used to wear a silver ring engraved with the phrase "To Thine Own Self Be True" as a reminder not to rely on any guy for my happiness."

Oh! I kinda like that idea!

"I've been carrying around a really big secret for a couple of months now. It's killing me. I hate secrets."

I have a guess as well... you are leaving the medicine field and pursuing your long time dream of becoming a solid gold dancer!

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

lol Changa!

3:18 PM

 
Blogger Lala said...

I know well the phenomenon of what we call "crummy" sheets. A good brush down never goes astray...

6:58 PM

 
Blogger Dr. J. said...

Hmmm, When Dr. H and I got engaged I had to break the news to her that I have an absolutly no eating in bed rule. The idea of crumbs in bed totally grosses me out. The only possible exception I would make would be marshmallows (which I am thanking my lucky stars Dr. is partial to), as I believe them to be crumb free....
Okay....I've outed myself as weird :P
Dr. J.

12:12 AM

 
Blogger scalpel said...

I'm predicting a girl. ;)

5:38 PM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

So many clues!

11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home