The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

I'm Back.

I'm not sure why it's taken me 2 months to post anything of note. Work has been going okay. I've just completed a month of pediatric emergency medicine out of town, and am now nearing the end of my first half of ICU (my 2-month rotation has been split up into 1 month blocks). I am far enough in pregnancy that I am no longer doing call or night shifts, which kind of makes medicine seem like a normal job-- only at this stage it's all I can do to drag myself through straight days anyway. I haven't done much but work and sleep, and I feel like I'm the size of a house. Running for codes is laughable at this point, as the maximum I can handle is two flights of stairs at a time and even that is slow going.

I've had a few posts on the burner... I haven't been in much of a rush to post them as they seem awfully mopey and whiny. I know that much of it is the hormones talking, but I just didn't see the point in sharing my funk with the public.

So be prepared-- the next few posts (which I will post over the next few days or so) aren't clever or funny. Mostly just random musings and whining. I'm hoping that this too, shall pass and I'll be back to my old self soon. Thanks for the patience.

3 Comments:

Blogger MedStudentGod (MSG) said...

Good to hear from you again. I had thought a couple times about e-mailing you to make sure everything was alright, but I just figured you were busy.

Can't wait to read the next few postings!

1:28 PM

 
Blogger isles said...

Glad you're back!

12:22 AM

 
Anonymous Pork Recipes said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this blog thanks for sharing

12:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home