The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Wish

No, no baby yet. I am pretty much term and only 2 ER shifts and a trauma conference away from maternity leave. And although I initially couldn't imagine taking any time before I actually went into labour, right now I'm more than happy to spend my last two weeks of pregnancy on the couch with my feet up.

Pregnancy has not been easy. Pregnancy in a job like mine has been downright brutal. I don't know how people do this.

There will be more soon, promise. Thanks for checking in.

I am currently rushing to complete a presentation for my academic half day tomorrow. I don't know which was the dumber move on behalf of my program-- scheduling me on an out-of-town rotation right before mat leave (I've been commuting 90 minutes to work from 34 weeks pregnant until 38 weeks... nice) or managing to schedule me to present at half day the LAST half day I'm attending before mat leave. Even preparing this damn presentation is challenging... for one thing, I can no longer work comfortably at my desk and my laptop no longer fits on my lap. Gah.

Off to learn more about anaphylaxis and angioedema. Watch this space next week for catching up on the past month or so. And maybe a photo of the planet that is now my midsection. Good times.

5 Comments:

Blogger medstudentitis said...

Have a great delivery!!!!!

9:43 PM

 
Blogger XE said...

Hope all goes well on the big day!

8:49 AM

 
Blogger Nikki said...

You're almost there! Good luck. :)

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Liana said...

I'm very excited for you!!! Best wishes!

6:45 PM

 
Blogger David Elkins and others said...

Hi there,

Canadian Medicine, the official blog of the editors of the National Review of Medicine, is putting together a list of blogs written by Canadian physicians.

I've added yours to our list already. If you know of any others that aren't yet on our list at http://canadianmedicine.blogspot.com/ , then please let me know or ask them to contact me at editors -at- nationalreviewofmedicine -dot- com or via our blog.

Thanks,
Sam Solomon
National Review of Medicine

5:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home