The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Friday, June 13, 2008

My Own Personal Hell

Remember my earlier post about being WAY too emotionally involved where children are concerned these days?

Have I ever mentioned how much teeth skeeve me out? 

So guess which emerg resident, currently rotating through anesthesia, got stuck in the pediatric dental room THREE TIMES already in the past two weeks?

Gack. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. H. said...

you wanna talk pediatric dentals?

how to describe the peds dentals in nunavut? you need to see it to believe it. the last time I was doing anesthesia for the dentals, we had one kid who got all his teeth pulled. all of them. I asked the dentist, how is he going to eat? He said, "he'll manage".

often the teeth are so badly decayed they are either black or crumbly.

okay, i think I'm probably grossing you out too much, so I'm going to stop.

That being said, the peds dental room is a great place to practice peds intubations in a controlled environment.

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Resident Anesthesiologist Guy (RAG) said...

Teeth are nasty. Taken care of they're alright, but mostly they just freak me out as well.

8:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home