The world of medicine is like a bubble. A lot of people THINK they know what goes on there, but unless you're down in the trenches it's unlikely you do. So here is my semi-anonymous blog, here to tell you what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's Not You, It's Me

I miss blogging. I've been thinking of it a lot lately. In fact, I have three half-finished posts saved on my MacBook. At the rate I'm going they're never going to get finished and posted. Serves me right for being so long-winded. 

Truth is, mat leave is busy. Damn busy. I'm trying to balance baby, dogs, household and studying for my emergency medicine board exams in September. Even with Mr. Couz home more often than not (nice having a husband that works part-time for this reason) every spare minute is accounted for. And I can't imagine it getting any better once I'm back to work. 

So I'm trying to do everything now. Spend time with the kid, learn ALL of emergency medicine, reclaim pre-baby waistline... I'm starting to feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew. 

More soon, I hope. I miss my blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liana said...

I miss your blogging too, Dr. Couz. Good luck on the EM exam!

9:48 PM

 
Blogger Nikki said...

We miss you too. But you've got stuff on your plate, and we'll be here when you get time. :-) Good luck with everything!!

7:18 PM

 
Blogger moplans said...

I think you'll find you have more time when you go back to work. I love my kids but they make work seem like a vacation.

1:05 PM

 
Blogger MedStudentGod (MSG) said...

Can't wait for you to come back. I keep checking in hopes you've updated.

6:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home