It's been a busy time since I last posted. I finished residency. For good. I worked full-time at a walk-in clinic, which made me realize several things:
1. I can deal with uncertainty
2. Walk-in clinic medicine is not bad medicine by definition. It is what you make it.
3. When you have no idea what is going on, have the person come back in a couple of days. If the problem hasn't resolved, it will likely have declared itself.
4. You really do prescribe the same 5 meds over and over.
5. Improving your flow at a WIC will carry over into other areas.
Most importantly, it made me realize that I would NOT want to do WIC medicine for the rest of my career.
Thankfully, I packed up my family and we headed down to our new town. And I started my new job. For the first time ever... I am THE doc. Staff. The buck stops here. The end of the line. Holy... crap.
After much time had gone by and I had no urge to update here, I wondered if it was time to hang up my blogging shoes. It's been a good 3 years. But I don't know that I have much more to say.
Then again, maybe I do.
I'll continue to ponder this one for the next little while. Thanks for your patience, for those of you still checking in here.